Privacy Statement

What can I expect from the Care Connect Group?

The Care Connect Group is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal and health information we collect. We adhere strictly to the requirements of all State and Federal privacy laws.  Our contractors and subcontractors are required to enter into written contracts ensuring their strict compliance with the privacy laws.

As a client of our organisation, you can expect to be informed about the information we need to collect from you and why.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, up to date and is kept securely and confidentially.
We will seek your consent before we provide your information to another organisation, and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We will only provide your information to another organisation or person where it will assist the provision of services to you or as required by law.
If your information needs to be transferred to another organisation or person this will be done securely and confidentially.
Where we use information for reporting and planning, we will ensure that you cannot be identified in this information.

What are my rights and responsibilities about confidentiality and privacy?

You have a right to access and correct information held by us.
To assist us to keep your information up to date we ask you to notify us promptly of any changes or circumstances.
We welcome your suggestions to improve our records to make sure you are well informed and that your information is protected.

Confidentiality and privacy

If you have any queries or concerns or if you wish to access your health or personal information, or if you want to access our Privacy Policy, you may discuss these with your Client Adviser, or request to speak to our Privacy Officer by phoning Freecall 1800 116 166. If we do not fulfill our obligations under the relevant privacy legislation, you have a right to lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer. You also have a right to contact the Australian Information Commissioner, your State Privacy Commissioner, or in some circumstances regarding health records, to a specialist commissioner such as the Victorian Health Services